Sunday 12 January 2014

Holidays overseas - Lim Zhi Yan

I go overseas at least once a year. Be it school trip or just holidays spent with my parents, I always look forward to going overseas even though it's the same country. I love visiting different airports and trying different airline every time I go overseas.

One of the things I like about traveling is the different food you can actually eat only in that country. Although some can be found in Singapore, the unique taste of the food always gives a different feel.

I also like the relaxing feeling when I go overseas especially when it's free and easy. You are not rushed around and there is no timetable to follow. You also do not have to worry about school or life in your own country. The feel is just really different when you are overseas I like everything is paid for except for when you shop and eat.

Sight seeing is one of the things of liked most about going overseas. Singapore is really small and there isn't really much to see. But overseas you get to see beautiful sceneries and some might even look fake to you because it's just too beautiful. I love taking pictures and hence take loads of pictures overseas due to the nice sceneries.

Weather is something I like to complain in Singapore. The weather is so unpredictable but when you are overseas, most countries' weather is very predictable. You are able to know when to bring an umbrella out or not.

Every country have it's own story. When visiting tourist attractions, especially the museums, you are always told a new and interesting story to how the country have become now. The stories are also very unique as it's their own countries' experience which we would not experience in our own country. Like weather wise when they have snow storms, tsunami etc. sometimes it's really sad too. The fact that you are hearing it from someone who have experienced it and reading from a book is totally different.

Last but not least, I still enjoy the peacefulness when you are off the social world to just take some time off and relax. Going overseas also allow me to enjoy and appreciate more of what is not on the social world but the beauty of the 'real world'.

A picture from my latest trip to Taiwan. I was actually holding food in my other hand, hence it's looking in the camera's direction. :D                        

-Zhi Yan

No comments:

Post a Comment