Sunday 12 January 2014

Holiday Trip to Genting Highlands, Malaysia


My parents were busy working and did not have much time to take my brother and I to an overseas trip. Thus instead of going to faraway countries like China, Australia or Taiwan, we went to Genting Highlands, Malaysia. This 4D3N trip was planned last minute and i could recall us packing our luggage hurriedly just a few days before our departure. 



There was nothing much to play since the outdoor theme park is under construction for new rides and the indoor theme park is mostly rides for children. 


Watching movies in Genting is a must-do―the ticket prices are so much cheaper than the ones in Singapore! A 3D movie ticket in Genting simply costs about RM18 (SGP$7.20) while in Singapore it costs about $11. We watched 4 movies in total over the 4 days. 



SnowWorld! The last time we went there it was under renovation. Now that it had been renovated, it became much more beautiful. There are ice sculptures, warm house, and the tall castle. The view of the place from the top tall castle looked extremely breathtaking. There is the cresta run toboggan slide, where we sat on the rubber tire and slide down from the castle. Although it was fun, it was very cold too (-6°C). 


















































We went to the Genting Bowl too. Not the bowl we eat our food from, but the bowling arena. Something special about the bowling alley in Genting, is that it would glow in the dark after 6pm. It was really very cool to bowl in the dark. It was a pity we did not went for the night one as it was quite expensive. I remember I used to be quite good in bowling a few years ago but it seemed that my aiming skills had deteriorated after the game with my father and brother. This is embarrassing but I only scored 34 points... 

















































I sat my first cable car ride in here this holiday. The ride was about 15mins, going down and up the mountain. Although there was breeze, sound of nature and the view deep forest, the cable car kept shaking and I felt dizzy. I thought I should never ride it again. 






















































Other than entertainment after entertainment, we also ate delicious food. We went to restaurants such as Shanghai 10, Hot Pot, Good Friends Restaurant, etc. The fried rice from Shanghai 10 was the best!



With these, 4 days passed quickly and it was time to take the bus back home to Singapore.

~Kitty 

No comments:

Post a Comment